Confession time. I have a terrible tendency to wear a top once or twice and then never wear it again. It is so bad! Back in high school I would seriously buy a new shirt every week that I could wear on Friday. (Ugh… I miss those days before bills!) Wearing a new outfit always made me so excited to get up and ready for the day. Eventually I realized I was just getting bored with my outfits.
Now, one of my favorite things is to see all the different ways I can style a certain top, dress, etc. A button-down has become one of my go to pieces because it is so easy to dress it up or down. Here are a few tips for styling your button-down:
1. Don’t be afraid to tuck it or knot it. This video has some great ideas!
2. Style it with a fun pair of jeans or overalls for a relaxed look. Boyfriend jeans are my new favorite denim. (Kevin hates them… which may make me love them more haha)
3. Get more use out of your dresses in colder weather by pairing a button-down underneath. Chambray dresses have been my favorite lately!
4. Don’t be afraid to get creative! Try pattern mixing, adding vests, cardigans, whatever you have in your closet! Who knows, you could be starting some of your own trends.
5. If you are in a creative rut, don’t forget to visit the all-knowing Pinterest. It’s always nice to get fresh ideas on how to wear your favorite button-down.
These are my biggest tips for styling a button-down! Let me know what you think, or if you have more tips that I didn’t include. I would love to hear from you!